About the ISHR
The ISHR is the only truly international organisation supporting and promoting the interests of cardiovascular research scientists in every part of the world.
The Society now has over 3,000 members worldwide. These are divided between eight geographical sections with all section members becoming part of the ISHR's larger world organisation.
Membership is open to anyone engaged in basic or clinical cardiovascular research or teaching.
For comprehensive information on the ISHR, its international organisation, activities, world membership directory, journals and awards, visit the international organisation website.
Goals and Objectives of the ISHR
- To promote the exchange of ideas on a world-wide basis between scientists and clinicians interested in all aspects of cardiovascular biology and medicine
- To promote the discovery and dissemination of knowledge in all areas of cardiovascular biology and medicine
- To organize and support national and international congresses devoted to all aspect of cardiovascular research
- To provide an international forum for discussion of problems and controversies at the cutting edge of cardiovascular research
- To publish a world class journal devoted to advances in cardiovascular research
ISHR European Section Bylaws (pdf) - revised and approved 1 July, 2021.